The Dress of Your Dreams!
Updated: Jan 21
Whether you've been dreaming about your wedding day since you were a little girl or you've just begun thinking about it because the time has come for you to choose one, I am here to give you some tips on how to choose your dream wedding dress. Not only will I give you some tips but I'll also provide a list of my top 5 favorite bridal shops located here in Connecticut!
I know you're super excited but before you even head to the store it's best to figure out what your budget is for the gown, who will be paying it and what style dress you're interested in! Check out Pinterest, bridal magazines and of course instagram to visualize what style dress you want to wear on your big day!
*Don't forget when creating your budget you'll need to factor in any alterations you may need and accessories such as your veil and jewelry.
While you may have the perfect style of dress in mind it's always a great idea (and super fun) to try on various dresses! Trying on multiple dresses helps you figure out what you do and what you definitely don't want. Speak with the bridal shop consultant about your wedding dress expectations. Not only do they have a lot of knowledge but they also have so much experience helping brides like you choose their perfect gown!
Lastly, choose a few bridal shops you like and call ahead to make appointment. You want to start shopping no later than 8-10 months prior to your wedding day. This gives you a month or two to choose your wedding dress. You want to order your dress 6-8 months prior to your wedding day since most gowns are made to order. This avoids rush fees, allows times for your dress to be produced and leaves enough time for fittings and alterations.
Now here is the list you've been waiting for!
1. Love Me Two Times is located in Taftville, Connecticut. I have worked with Kirsten multiple times and I love how honest she is with brides. She carries downsize 0-30 from many different designers including J'adore Bridal made to order! For an appointment, you can reach Kirsten or Sheilah at 860-889-3535.
2. Jacqueline Bridal Kouture is the cutest shop located in Wallingford, Connecticut. Her shop carries so many gorgeous styles and Jacqueline is super sweet! If you want to be extra like me get yourself a princess gown from Jacqueline Bridal Kouture. Jacqueline can be reached at 203-443-1629.
3. Mishale Bridal Shop is a newer shop located in heart of Niantic, Connecticut. Mishale is honestly so funny! I love getting together with her and seeing all her beautiful Pronovia + Casablanca dresses. Mishelle can be reached at 860-912-8060 for an appointment.
4. Lastrina Girls Bridal Salon is located in Middletown, Connecticut. This shop has so many gowns to choose from with such gorgeous details. You can call 860-334-8113 to schedule an appointment with Lastrina Girls Bridal Salon.
5. A'Dor Couture is located in Southport, Connecticut. designer Dorota is so passionate about what she does and it shows! Her shop has so many beautiful options and if you attended the Pulaski Parade you may have seen Miss Polonia wearing one of her gowns! To schedule an appointment you can call 203-941-1949.
You honestly can't go wrong with any of these shops. They're all so fun to work with and all have great reviews. My last piece of advice is don't settle. Don't just choose a dress because everyone says you should or because it's on sale.
Choose the dress you LOVE.
Choose the dress you feel 100% confident in.
Choose the dress you can't stop thinking about!